Chop Chop Chinese Restaurants
We make the noodles, dumplings and all the other dishes ourselves from fresh ingredients with no artificial colourings or preservatives.
If this is your first visit here, we would like to explain our Chinese style of serving. In China, diners order collectively and share all dishes, which are brought to the table in random order as soon as they are ready. In this way, mixing the textures and flavours of the dishes adds to the enjoyment of the meal.
So please don't allow your dumplings to go cold whilst waiting for your soup!
Chop Chop Rewards
- Receive your welcome pack including a membership card with your unique number on it
- Receive a discount on your first visit and every one thereafter (currently Sunday to Thursday 10%, Friday and Saturday 5%)
- Automatically receive Celebration Vouchers on your birthday, your partner's birthday and your anniversary (currently worth £3 to £5 per diner)
- Receive details of forthcoming special events and developments at Chop Chop
- We now have 21094 members.
Enjoy the Chop Chop experience in your own home!
Delivery and takeaway service
Order online »
What They Say About Us
In a short time, this restaurant has acquired a well-deserved reputation for quality, value and authenticity.
The List - Hitlist 2007
I was well impressed with Chop Chop. It is a very useful restaurant: cheap, fresh, tasty, and healthy.
Joanna Blythman. Sunday Herald Magazine.
The perfect place for cheap and easy eating, with a conspicuously child-friendly mindset and food that is well out of the ordinary.
Richard Bath, Scotland on Sunday.
It's simple, straightforward an perfectly judged. Chop Chop might well be Edinburgh’s best Chinese restaurant.
Mark Fisher, The Herald.
A place to enjoy sharing a meal of no-nonsense northern Chinese fare at incredibly low prices.
Finlay Wilson, Edinburgh Evening News
Chop Chop is the kind of place that generates queues around the block in exclusive London neighbourhoods.
The Sunday Times
Like no potato salad I have ever had before... Delicious. Far more than the sum of its parts. Likewise with the cucumber salad.
Ron MacKenna, The Herald Magazine.